Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pantomime - Just a noob thought

This is my first post! I am so excited~
Just a thought about animating pantomime, robot/mannequin dance move and popping /locking dance move, I, personally think that it is harder than animating normal body mechanics. Reason being that, when these movements are made they are done with the intention to imitate mechanical movement and pretend actions, so, doesn't that means that it's easier to animate since then the clip do not require overlap/ follow-through of normal body-mech, since they're suppose to be mechanical/"blocky"!?!
*Pls don't spit on me, that was me before I know how to animate...*
BUT then I realise it is even more challenging to do a good mime shot or dance move shot(esp. those mention above), simply because when being animated, the shot is suppose to show subtlety of human movement yet it's made to look mechanical.
So simply put, animator have to make something mechanical(the rig) behave like a human trying to act mechanically like a human doing it....if not properly done, it will not look convincing to audience that the animated character is human!
Anyway, below is a clip that i thought was pretty good for learning a little more about pantomime.
These clips are not bad too - check it out if u have the time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRfREJBv7yw&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiFuXeo7MoI&feature=related
*I will aim to animate pantomim for the new clip...i think...*Grin*

Okay so that's about all the ranting i have for my first post. Constructive? Pls forgive me if it doesn't gel with the rest of the boys' post. See... it says in the title, I am a noob.

P.S will try to improve on the content of my post in near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment